The Loupe Shield
- Regular price
- $79.00 CAD
- Sale price
- $79.00 CAD
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
The first anti-glare face shield that fits loupes. Coated with Nano Surface Technology, it's the clearest medical face shield ever made.
- The revolutionary optical visor has 10x less reflection, 97% optical transparency and scratch resistance up to 3H pencil hardness.
- Features a unique no-headache, head support with pressure adjustment dial for complete comfort.
- Shields slides forward up to 3 inches to fit any size loupes and light.
- Estimated life time of visor is 4- 8 Months.
- Designed specifically for Dentists, Dental Hygienist and Assistants.
Try it risk free with our 45 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Easy Flip Up
Flat Front for
- Light Weight. Just 0.38 pounds in total.
- Adjustable Top Strap. Supports weight of shield on top of head and reduces side head squeezing.
- Adjustable Back Strap. Rotates to accommodate all hair styles (pony tails, buns) and head shapes.
- Open Top. Naturally vents heat and reduces feeling of claustrophobia.
- Complete Splatter Protection. Tested in lab to CSA Z94.3 and ANSI Z87.1 coverage standards (The Loupe Shield's extra high visor provides equivalent splatter coverage to hard top shield).
- Ergonomically Shaped Visor. Does not hit chest or shoulders. Allows for free head motion.
1 x Head Support
1 x Nano Surface Optical Visor
1 x X-Large Micro Fiber Cloth
1 x Story of Loupe Shield Booklet
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Product Review #1
Product Review #2
Weight (total inc. Visor)
Max. Clearance from Forehead
Nano Surface Optical Visor (NS-OV)
Multi-Layer Optical Visor (MLOV)
Unchanged when cleaned with: Glass Cleaner, Alcohol, Acetone, Kitchen Cleaner 5%, NaOH 1%, NH4OH 3%, HCI 3%
3H (Standard PET Plastic: no coating)
4 - 8 months avg. (Standard PET Plastic: 2 weeks)
≦1.0% (Standard PET Plastic: 10%)
≧97% (Standard PET Plastic: 87%)
Wave Length of Reflection
- Weight: 0.38 Pounds
- Max Clearance: 3 inches
- Life Time of Head Support: Completely Reusable
- Life Time of Visor: 4-8 Months
- Light Reflection: ≦1.0% (Standard PET Plastic: 10%)
- Optical Transparency: ≧97% (Standard PET Plastic: 87%)
Q: How often will I need to replace the visors?
A: Life time of visor depends on frequency of use and care. Under intensive daily use, estimated life time is 4-8 months. In an educational setting, were shield is used less frequently, estimated life time is 12+ months.
Q: How do I clean the shield?
A: The shield is tested for resistance against all common cleaning chemicals. You can continue using your current method to clean the shield. For best results we recommend doing one of the follow:
1. Rub shield with soap and water. Shake to remove water droplets. Dry remaining droplets with soft material.
2. Rub shield with pure alcohol based disinfectant (IPA min. 75% or Ethanol between 70-80%). Let air dry
*If using non-pure disinfectant (like CaviWipes). Rinse shield after disinfection with water to remove residue. Dry using soft material.
Q: Does the shield provide sufficient protection?
A: The Ambience Loupe shield has been tested in a lab for complete splash protection to the ANSI Z87.1 and CSAZ94.3 standard. Instead of a closed top, the visor has an additional 3.5 inches of height. As tested to the standard, this additional height provides equivalent splash protection to a closed top design. Benefits of the Ambience's open top design include: improved protection of fore head area, allows heat to rise, reduces feeling of claustrophobia. The shield has been approved for use by Infection Control Specialists at the leading Dental universities in North America (inc. McGill, University of Manitoba, Camosun). The shield has been authorised for sale by Health Canada (IO#326230).
Q: Is it going to fit my loupes and light?
A: Yes! The shield slides forward up to 3 inches to fit any size loupes and light. If it doesn't fit, return it for 100% refund with our 45 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Q: Is the sweat band replaceable?
A: Yes. Contact us at email@example.com for a complimentary replacement.